Xiaomi’s yet another hit device, the Redmi Note 7 is a force to reckon with in the budget-segment. With Xiaomi selling millions of Redmi Note 7, the device is now the daily driver of many. Here we’ll discuss the method to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 7. So read on.
It goes without saying that, bootloader unlock factory resets the device. So do take a backup of your device data before proceeding.
Guide to Unlock Bootloader Redmi Note 7
- ADB and Fastboot installed
- MI flash tool
- Xiaomi USB drivers
(All download links are given at end of the post)
Make sure you’ve got the aforementioned tools and ready with your PC. Then, follow the steps given below one by one.
Mi Unlock Request
- Enable “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging” in your device
a. Enable Developer Options in Settings/About Phone/MIUI version. Click on MIUI version seven times
b. Now go to Settings/Additional Settings/Developer Options and check “OEM unlocking” and “USB debugging”
- Check if your bootloader is locked
- Request Permission from Xiaomi to Unlock the Bootloader: Sign in to Xiaomi and apply for unlocking from here
- Connect your Mi Account to your Device
- Go to: Settings/Additional Settings/Developer Options/Mi Unlock status and check “Add account and device”
Unlock the Bootloader
Reiterating, unlocking the bootloader will erase all your data! So please back up your data before you unlock the bootloader!
- Download Mi Unlock Tool
- Enter the fastboot mode by holding together “Volume Down + Power” and connect your device to your computer via USB cable (best would be the original cable)
- Start the Mi Unlock Tool
- Enter your email and your password of your Mi-Account
- Connect your device to your computer and start the unlock procedure
- Follow the unlock tool instructions until the unlock procedure is finished
- Reboot your device
Your device should be bootloader unlocked by now. The device security features such as FRP lock is non-functional as long as it’s unlocked. However, with the unlocked bootloader, you can flash the custom recovery, root your device or try custom ROMs.
In certain cases, you need to wait a couple of days after applying for the same, if you get the message, that the unlocking can be done after 72h or 360h…you’ve to wait in order to successfully unlock the bootloader.
Any error while trying to unlock? Do let us know in down in the comments, we’ll help you out.