Gaining root access on an Android device is nowadays easy and safe. But, that doesn’t mean you can be careless while going through the root process. Even a slight mistake can render your phone useless. So, in case if you tend to root your Redmi Note 7, then go through our guide to do it safely.
Before we begin, a brief description of Redmi Note 7. The Redmi Note 7 features a glass front and back with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on both sides. The 6.3-inch LCD display is of FHD+ in resolution with decent quality.
Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Mobile Platform, the device has a dewdrop notch, a notification LED in the chin and a hybrid SIM slot. The rear 12MP coupled with 5MP depth camera should satisfy the photographer in you. Keeping the lights on is a decent 4000mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging.
That being said and without any further ado, let’s get straight into root procedure.
- Download TWRP for Redmi Note 7[Lavender]
- Magisk: Download
- Charge your phone at least up to 60%.
- Install the latest USB drivers on your PC.
- Download and install ADB and Flashboot tool.
Guide Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
[alert-warning]Warning: Proceed if and only if you know the risk associated with the root. Do take a full backup if your files and apps. We’re not responsible if you end up damaging the device, no matter what.[/alert-warning]
Install the TWRP Recovery
Official TWRP is not out for Redmi Note 7. However, a stable unofficial TWRP is available which we can use to root the device.
- Your bootloader must be unlocked. In case if you don’t know how to, read this.
- Download official TWRP and store on a safe folder on your PC.
- Go to the folder where you have put the twrp file. Now open a command window inside that folder. To do that hold together “Shift + Right click” on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open PowerShell Window Here” or “Open Command Window Here”
- Enter fastboot mode by holding together “Volume Down + Power” and connect your device to your computer
- Enter the terminal command in the command line:
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Important: Do not restart your device otherwise Xiaomi’s original recovery might overwrite the custom recovery twrp!
- Boot your device into recovery (3 possible methods)
- by entering the terminal command in the command line:
fastboot boot twrp.img, or
- by holding together “Volume Up + Power” until you see the MI logo, release “Power” button but keep pressing “Volume Up” until you see the recovery, or
- by holding together “Volume Up + Volume Down + Power” until you see recovery
Once you’ve successfully flashed TWRP on your device. Next stride is to flash Magisk via TWRP. Read on!
Root Redmi Note 7 with Magisk via TWRP
Magisk is the most trusted and powerful currently active root agent for Android. So, for gaining system-less root access with SafetyNet bypass, Magisk is undoubtedly good to go tool.
- Download latest Magisk and put it into the internal memory of your smartphone or into the micro sd-card.
- In the main twrp screen, click “Install”, search for the Magisk.zip file and flash it
- Restart your smartphone
That’s it, you should have now rooted the device. Search for the Magisk logo on your app drawer to confirm.