A camera is the device that record images that can be stored directly or transferred to some other location. The images can be still or moving such as videos or movies. The Different types of cameras are described below
It is the type of camera used to take photographs. The photographs taken by these cameras are ‘still” means their is not any motion in the picture captured by these kind of cameras. the still cameras are of various types.
- Instant Cameras: Instant camera is the type of camera with self developing films in it which develops the picture immediatly after it was clicked. The most popular self-developing film were formerly made by Polaroid Corporation.
- Schmidt Camera: It is also referred to as the Schmidt telescope. It is used as the tool for astrophotographic to take the pictures of wide fields of view with limited aberrations. These cameras are used in scientific research in finding the news stars and solar systems,etc.
It is the type of electronic camera which can capture still images as well as the pictures in the motion or we can say videos. we can do both these things by the same device. Digital cameras are incorporated into many devices ranging from PDAs and mobile phones to vehicles. Unlike film cameras digital cameras can display images on a screen immediately after recorded and thsese cameras can store and delete images from memory. Many digital cameras can also record moving video with sound. Some digital cameras can crop perform other elementary image editing.
Video camera is the used to capture the electronic motion pictures. Modern video cameras have numerous designs and uses, not all of which resemble the early television cameras.
- Professional Video camera: These may be used for film making in cinemas. These may be television studio-based or mobile in the case of an electronic field production. These cameras are generally controlled manually and in these cameras the automated operation are excluded.
- Camcorders: These have combine camera and a VCR or other recording device in one unit. These are basically used to record the home movies.
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV): These are generally use pan tilt zoom cameras and used for for security, surveillance, and monitoring purposes.These cameras are designed to be small, easily hidden, and able to operate unattended these cameras are often meant for use in environments that are normally inaccessible or uncomfortable for humans
SLR(single-lens reflex Cameras):
It is a camera that typically uses a mirror and prism system that permits the photographer to view through the lens and see exactly what will be captured. Contrary to viewfinder cameras where the image could be significantly different from what will be captured. The SLR cameras are made and manufactured by the Pentax, Contaflex, Canon, etc.