Internet, an eight characters word consists tons of information which can’t be described without the help of these computer machines. Everyday hoards of information, files and other things are uploaded and downloaded from the internet but no one know the the exact stats of the data stored on the virtual memories.
We gathered or calculated some interesting facts based on the usage of internet and many other aspects. So guys are you ready to know the internet facts ? Here are:
Interesting facts about internet
- According to Google’s CEO, Eric Schmidt, the volume of data generated every two days is equal to data generated from the dawn of the civilization to 2003. Well its pretty rough estimate how much data is generated by using day to day life.
- Now lets see how much CDs will be used if we burn all internet data on them.
- According to a research its estimated that CD-ROMs would stretch about 80000 km beyond the moon.
- There are nearly as many bits of data on the world as there are stars in the Universe.
- Each hour, the amount of information consumed online is enough to fill 7 million DVDs.
- About nearly 250 billion emails are sent each day and out of which, 80% are spam.
- There’s an estimated 637 million websites, of which there are over 250 million blogs.
- There are approximately 4,200 new domain names registered every hour, or around 37 million per year.
- The first ever website is still online here.
- Over half of all the downloading and uploading online is file sharing that is often considered illegal.
- Around 75 per cent of the music that is available for download has never been purchased and it is costing money just to be on the server.
Share your views regarding above mentioned figures via the comments below. For some more interesting statistical articles follow us.